“Zouk in Singapore is one of the best clubs in the world… If you have ever been there, you’ll know how intense and energetic the atmosphere is.” Paul Van Dyk – world renowned DJ and Grammy Award–nominated artist
Zouk, meaning “Village Party” in Creole, has established itself as Singapore’s premier entertainment institution since 1991, placing itself at the forefront of global clubbing culture.
From house to garage, techno to progressive or big beat to breaks, it is always on point and ahead of the curve. Staying true to its creed “One World, One Music, One Tribe, One Dance”, Zouk is Asia’s award-winning nightlife institution, bringing clubbers together from all over the world.
The Passion, The Vibe, The People
Over the past decade, Zouk has evoked the musical passions of some of the world’s top DJs and artistes. To name a few that have played here, Nouvelle Vague, Armin Van Buuren, Tiga, Ricardo Villalobos, Above & Beyond, Steve Aoki, Brodinski, Dixon, Sven Vath, Deadmau5 and A-Trak.
With four different musical enclaves, the magic of Zouk flows across its 4000-pax capacity venue with its inventive architecture, distinctive style and mind-blowing attention to detail. Here is the experience of a lifetime, and the definitive club to visit when in Singapore.
The largest club in the complex with a capacity of 2000, catch the biggest names in dance music on a weekly basis and find out why Zouk is consistently voted as one of the best clubs in the world. Also, enjoy the stellar programming of events that vary from the artistic & fashionable to the irreverent & extraordinary, the imagination is the limit.
Open Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays.
Phuture was the club to break Hip Hop & Urban to the mainstream and continues to host the hottest nights in the city for an up-for-it, get down crowd, week in week out. Compact & full of flava, catch turntable wizardy at its best.
Open Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays.
The up-market, cosmopolitan and sexy sister club, Velvet Underground is the most artistic space of the four rooms, adorned with original artworks by Andy Warhol, Takashi Murakami & Frank Stella,just to name a few. Emphasizing warm, uplifting sounds and offering the full spectrum of soulful,jazzy, Brazilian, afro-funk, to deeper techier grooves, it embodies sophistication, with clientele and service to match.
Open Wednesdays to Saturdays.
Zouk’s pre-club and chill out bar is contemporary by design and relaxed in setting. Boasting both an indoor and alfresco area, a delicious menu of cocktails and no cover charge, it’s perfect for lounging before heading to the dance floor for a night of dancing or casual catch ups over drinks on more laid-back evenings.
Open Mondays to Saturdays with drink promotions nightly.
Winning Hearts Around The Globe
• Singapore Service Star Award, Wine Bar
• JUICE Magazine Singapore – Best Club
• I-S Magazine – X-Factor Bar/ Club of the Year
• I-S Magazine – Best Outdoor Party of the Year, ZoukOut
• Resident Advisor July, Best Club Design – Ranked No. 4
• Singapore Tourism Board Awards
- Nightspot of the Year Finalist/Winner 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Best Leisure Event Experience Finalist/Winner 2003 – 2007 – ZoukOut
- Entrepeneur of the Year 2004
• DJ Mag (UK), The Top 50 Clubs in the World 2006 & 2007 – Ranked No. 10
• MixMag November 2005 -The World’s Top 10 Killer Clubs
• Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2004 & 2005 – Best Night Spot
• iDJ Magazine (UK) 2004- 50 Legendary Clubs
• House Music Awards (UK) 2004 – Nominated Best Venue
• Singapore Most Distinctive Brand Award 2003
• Singapore Heritage Board 2003 – Certificate of Appreciation For Outstanding Contributions In Support Of Heritage In Singapore
• JUICE Magazine Singapore 2002-2007- Best Club
• I-S Magazine Reader’s Choice Award 1996 – 2007 – Best All Time Favourite Bar/Club
Getting Down To Zouk
From the city, take the Pan Island Expressway (PIE). Exit at Stevens Road. Proceed straight towards Scotts Road. From there, head straight all the way through Paterson Road and Kim Seng Road. Turn left at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Zouk is located at the end of Jiak Kim Street beside the hotel.
From the city, take bus service 16 or 175 to Kim Seng Road. Alight before Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel and walk towards Jiak Kim Street. Zouk is located at the end of Jiak Kim Street, beside the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel.
By Mass Rapid Transit (MRT)
Alight at Tiong Bahru station (EW17), take bus service 123 to Havelock Road. Alight opposite the Holiday Inn Atrium Hotel and walk towards the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel. Zouk is located at the end of Jiak Kim Street, beside the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel.
17 Jiak Kim Street Singapore 169420
Phone number: +65 6738 2988
Fax: +65 6738 3988
email: [email protected]
Interesting places around the world
You may also like
- Singapore ZoukOut 2012
- Holiday Destinations & Tourist Attractions in Singapore
- Sightseeing In Orchard Road Singapore
- F1 Singapore GP Night Race – 27 September 2009
- Singapore National Day 9 August 2009
|Print article||This entry was posted by Singapore Holiday on February 12, 2010 at 3:39 pm, and is filed under Entertainment, Nightlife, Singapore Holiday, What to Do. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|